Friday, February 4, 2011

Recipe Number 3

My selection for dinner this time was determined by one simple thing: what ingredients did I have?
So I decided to try my hand at home made Fried Chicken Tenders and Garlic Mashed Potatoes. (I only have pictures of the chicken though b/c the mashed potatoes are self explanatory.) This recipe yields 4 servings for each part.

Fried Chicken Tenders

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1Tbsp water
3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts,
                cut into 1-inch strips (approx.)
4 cups (approx) bread crumbs**
1/4 to 1/2 canola or veg oil
season salt (optional)















In a bowl, combine eggs and water.
In second bowl, combine approx 1 cup of bread
crumbs and season salt (to taste).
**I repeat this process several times
throughout the coating of the chicken to ensure even coverage.**





Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with bread crumbs.










In skillet on stove (or an electric skillet if you have one heat to 375) heat oil. (I used 1/2 cup). Fry chicken strips, a few at a time, for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. (Sorry there is no picture of the frying. The grease was popping too much. I recommend a splatter shield if you have one! Mine was great!)





Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients
2 cups water
3 Tbsp butter, cubed
1/2-1 tsp garlic powder (I used 1tsp)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 cup milk
2 cups mashed potato flakes

In a large saucepan, combine the water, butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; add milk. Stir in potato flakes with a wisk.


I served this with steamed veggies. The girls loved this! But what's not to love about chicken strips??

 This recipe is courtesy of Taste of Home's, Simple and Delicious Magazine. I did modify the recipe to fit my taste better. 




From our family to yours. Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

OMG Triplets said...

Lovin' the blog Andria!!! I can't wait to try the garlic mashed potatoes! Keep the recipes coming!